BYLAWS of the System and Resource Library Administrators Association of Wisconsin (SRLAAW)
The name of this organization shall be the System and Resource Library Administrators Association of Wisconsin. (SRLAAW)
- To improve the quality of library services to all the residents of Wisconsin.
- To facilitate communications among library systems and resource libraries.
- To provide a forum for problems related to library systems.
- To communicate the concerns of library systems to governmental agencies for their consideration and resolution.
- Membership is limited to directors/administrators of library systems and directors/administrators of resource libraries, or the designee of the director/administrator of either type of agency.
- No dues will be collected, but voluntary fees to cover meeting expenses will be solicited periodically as needed.
- Officers of the association will consist of Chair, Vice-Chair, and Treasurer.
- The Chair performs traditional duties, to include:
a. Preside at all meetings.
b. Appoint nominating and other committees as may be needed.
c. Schedule secretarial duties of the membership in accordance with the bylaws.
- The Vice-Chair will preside in the absence of the Chair.
- The Treasurer will manage the SRLAAW meeting fund and provide reports of that fund to the membership. This will include invoicing members for additional voluntary contributions as directed by SRLAAW action.
- Secretarial duties will rotate alphabetically from system to system, and then from resource library to resource library in system order.
- Each public library system will have one vote and the resource library in that system will also have one vote; however if there is more than one resource library in a system, the resource libraries will share one vote. If a system has no resource library, the system will have two votes. It is intended that each system area have no more nor less than two votes.
- Voting rights are limited to directors/administrators of library systems and directors/administrators of resource libraries, or the designee of the director/administrator of either type of agency.
- Each member with voting rights may designate a proxy to vote.
- Those with voting rights will be determined at the beginning of each meeting.
- Election of officers will be held at the first meeting of the calendar year.
- Officers’ terms will be one year, and officers, except for the treasurer, may not serve more than four consecutive terms in the same office. Since a particular system will need to act as fiscal agent for the SRLAAW meeting fund, it is most expeditious for the treasurer to be from that system and remain the treasurer as long as the system acts as fiscal agent.
- All elections will be by secret ballot if more than one person is nominated.
- Quorum — More than one-half of the members and more than one-half of the membership in votes shall constitute a quorum.
- Meetings will be held as needed, or called by the Chair, or by request of three members.
- There will be no less than four meetings a year.
- Meetings may be taped at the request of a member.
- Minutes of the meetings will be preserved by the Chair and passed on, as an archive, to each successive Chair.
- Positions taken and recommendations made by this association shall be construed only as representing the opinions of the members.
- Meetings will be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised.
Amendments may be made to these bylaws at any called meeting, provided the proposed change has been provided to the membership at least three days prior to the meeting.
Adopted April 27, 1995